Monday, September 2, 2013

March on Washington

Zora: 50yrs. ago, there was a march on Washington. There was a march this year and I went. My brother came too. I saw my mom's friend. I saw a lot of other people. We went before the president spoke. It is important because Martin Luther King told his speech. Sorry about that I just got carried away. His speech is important all around.It was at the Lincoln  memorial. We parked the car and walked to the memorial.

Masai's piece:We went down to the Lincoln Memorial on Wednesday, August 28th, but they wouldn't let us in! It was so crowded. Since we were so far away, we couldn't hear the speeches so we left to try to catch some of them at home. We got home in time to see Barack Obama speak. Zora thought Barack Obama's speech was great. I had fun for the short time we were there partly because I got to eat fried chicken and partly because it was a once in a life time experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment